23 July 2012 - 25 July 2012
The Asia-Pacific Telecommunity (APT) organized the 5th Policy and Regulation Forum for Pacific from 23 to 25 July 2012 in Nadi, Fiji. The meeting was hosted by the Ministry of Public Enterprises, Communications, Civil Aviation & Tourism, Republic of Fiji and supported by PITA.
The main objectives of the meeting are:
- To evaluate the progress of the decisions taken at the 4th Policy and Regulation Forum for Pacific 2011 at Nadi, Fiji;
- To facilitate measures to accelerate telecom and ICT infrastructure development (particularly broadband) and promote e-applications;
- To exchange information and share ideas in a common platform among the Pacific Island Countries;
- To address key Policy and Regulatory concerns for Pacific;
- To consider best practices and further develop regulatory frameworks for Pacific island Countries;
- Regulator’s Panel Session;
- APT Preparations for WTSA and WCIT meetings of ITU.
This Forum was held in back-to-back with the ITU Pacific Broadband Forum 2012 that will be held from 26 to 28 July at the same venue.
to view this item.